Sunday, March 30, 2008

Demise of Auntie Xiu Mei

Auntie Xiu Mei has left us. Today is the day that her body is cremated. She's only 48 years old. She's my ex-neighbour's brother's daughter-in-law. Her husband suddenly went missing many years back and she waited for 10 years before she declared her husband dead. Her husband was said to be seen in China. Nobody knows if he's really still alive. Sigh...

Auntie Xiu Mei was a fair lady. She had cancer. When I saw her some time back, I thought that her hair was pretty nice as the hair has nice curls and colour. Only then did I know that she had cancer and her hair was actually a wig.

Mom called me on Friday noon, telling me that Auntie Xiu Mei has passed away. I was shocked then as it's so sudden. Her illness was under control and she was recovering then. Now suddenly she just passed away. I heard from mom that the virus attacked again.

I think she's a capable and strong woman who raised two children up on her own, and having to fight against her own illness. Now that she has gone, leaving 2 teenage daughters. It's quite sad actually, to be orphans at such young age. Hope that she'll be happier in another world, and blessing her two children.

No comments: