Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Guess who I saw!!

Today I went to meet Kareen and Ruth after work. Kareen said Bevlyn was performing at Esplanade. We went there too early, so didn't manage to catch her. We went back to Marina Square to have our drinks there, then quickly shopped for a pair of shoes as I need a pair of shoes. Then we went back to Esplanade. By then, Bevlyn was already singing her last song for the night.

The performance is from 7.15 - 7.45pm & 8.15 - 8.45pm, at the Concourse. Below is a brief description on Bevlyn's background.

Bevlyn started singing professionally in a popular cafe in 1999, when she was still a psychology major student in the National University of Singapore. She has since been actively sought after by many local songwriters for demo-singing.

With a passion for writing songs across a wide spectrum of genres and styles, her song-writing talent was spotlighted in various national song-writing competitions, and one of her songs was successfully recorded into a compilation CD sold in various record stores after it got into the finals for a nation-wide Mandarin-pop song-writing competition, “Xin-yao-jie’2003”. This song was subsequently sold to Taiwanese singer Freya Lam.

Since graduating, Bevlyn has performed regularly at Bar Celona, Zee10, Sanliubar, The Tower Club, and One Rochester. She has also performed as part of the groups “Notations” and “Nanu” from the A Cappella Society of Singapore, and in 2005 participated in the Phua Chu Kang musical. Bevlyn currently performs actively for A Little Dream, a wedding-singing group she co-formed in 2002.

Programme:

Lonely Afternoon (Mandarin and English)

Shi Le Zong (Mandarin)

Dang Wo Ba Shi Sui (Mandarin)

Not Just A Number (English)

Play With Me (English)

La Vie En Rose (cover) (French)

And... after the performance... guess who I saw? Hmm... I actually saw Jonathan Lim lor.. hehe.. long time never seen him already.. He has grown bigger built =p compared to the secondary school days. The last time I saw him was at AtticGroove, which I think was about 4-5 years ago? Heard that he was married though. Well, didn't actually approach him to say hi to him. I guess he wouldn't recognise me either =)

No comments: